If your child happens to have a cavity, we have many ways to fix it! We utilize a variety of different restorative materials to fix cavities so that the right choice is available for your child.
Some of the factors we consider are:
- The size of the cavity
- How much tooth structure is remaining
- Whether the cavity is in the front or the back of the mouth
- The age of your child
- Your child's risk of getting cavities
Based on these factors we will recommend using:
- Composite or glass ionomer (white fillings)
- Amalgam (silver fillings)
- Stainless Steel Crowns (silver crowns)
- Composite Crowns (crowns made of white filling material for front teeth)
- Zirconia Crowns (white crowns for back teeth - these look great, but are not covered by many insurance companies)
Before your child’s treatment begins, your doctor will discuss all options and help you choose the best filling for your child’s particular case.